Monday, February 17, 2014

What I find inspiring part 2: Le petit Nicolas



I don't think that I need to write a huge introduction about these books. They're absolute classics. Written by René Goscinny and illustrated by Jean Jacques Sempé they present the (school) life of a group of kids in Paris during the 50s, as described by little Nicolas.

It's a series of illustrated books that I absolutely adore! I got to know about them a few years ago and not as a kid as most readers probably have. It was a random discovery while I was looking for something that would help me improve my ability to understand written French. The black and white illustrations captured my attention immediately and when I actually begun reading I was truly fascinated by the books' incredible sense of humor.

A film based on those books has also been made a few years ago. It's a wonderful comedy and I higly recommend watching it. More info about it HERE

Couldn't help but post some photos from my collection so here they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment